Wednesday, November 23, 2011

October Round-Up

October was quite a month! About a week after my last post early last month I meant to write a blog entry...  obviously that never happened, hence, the "October Round-Up" post, more than halfway through November...

Lets see.... After we picked out our pumpkins last month nothing too exciting happened until the weekend of Leslie and Darin's wedding.  The lovely couple tied the knot at, Longshadow Ranch - Vineyard & Winery , a winery located in Temecula Valley.  They had a cute outdoor ceremony followed by an indoor reception.  I wish I had taken some pictures to post on my blog but fear not, their photographer did a fantastic job of capturing their special day. Great job Kimberly Loya Photography!

This was our first wedding attending as a married couple. I felt so grown up! Haha. No more garter toss, no more bouquet catching for us. At least Alicia and I have the dance floor, we love dancing!

Last month also concluded a nine week teaching contract that I had with Mt. San Jacinto College for their (ADN) Associate Degree Nursing Program.  My clinical site was Hemet Valley Medical Center for critical care nursing. As I reflect on those nine weeks, I had a good time becoming familiar the community hospital setting and instructing an amazing group of driven, motivated, nursing students. As of now I'm scheduled to start again in January 2012 to finish out the second semester teaching Fundamentals, who would have thought.

What else happened last month... OH! Not sure if you saw my semi-inactive/neglected Facebook page... But we sold our 2003 Honda Element. Alicia and I decided to find a buyer via Craigslist.com and within a week of being posted we had it sold! We filtered through about 30 emails of potential buyers... To be honest, it became a little overwhelming. I ended up filtering emails by those who could spell and those who could not, those who could speak English and those who could not, and those who were mentally stable and those who were not.  We met our buyer at the Dos Lagos mall where he test drove it around the parking lot and it was a done deal! Sad to see the green box car go but "times a changing."


In October we also started taking our backyard seriously... For those of you who may not have seen it, there's not much to see except for dirt, weeds, dogs, and... Well I'm sure you know what comes along with dogs. We had a landscaper come by and draw some amazing plans for what will someday be our backyard, a beautiful outdoor entertaining and living space. Thanks to Gio, owner of Affordable Landscape Solutions for helping us take the first step by putting our vision on paper.


To finish out the month Alicia and I hosted a Wine and Dine party at our home. We had a great time!  One of the things that we had people do was to bring a dressed up wine bottle, and the best dressed wine bottle would win! Take a look at the entries...


At the last minute we decided to make it a costume party so a few of us dressed up. Great time with family, friends, and of course, good wine!  Our friends Tina and Melinda also stayed the weekend and the next day we got to show them the sights of Temecula Valley. We spent the day in Old Town Temecula and had lunch at one of our favorite wineries, Thornton Winery.


As November is already upon us, and quite frankly, is coming to an end; it's my goal to get a post in next week! Hope this fall season is treating you well.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment